Let's Get Your Financials In Order - Early Childhood Education
Michigan Women Forward/Women's entrepreneurship initiative (WEI)/W. K. Kellogg Foundation and Early Childhood Education (ECE)/ Homecare providers are seeking applicants in seven Grand Rapids neighborhoods, Baxter, Black Hills, Garfield Park, Ottawa Hills, Roosevelt Park, Southeast Community, and the West Grand community to attend a 4-week training to receive financial tools adapted for their industry, assess their businesses' current and future financial health, develop fiscal management skills, and create an individualized road map to help solve current or projected financial problems.
MWF is dedicated to the growth of our entrepreneurs. MWF is a community development organization/CDFI whose mission is to expand economic opportunity, empower the next generation and celebrate and honor the accomplishments of Michigan women.
• KidKare software
• Timeliness of recordkeeping is important
• Maintaining records
• Recognizing types of expenses: Childcare-Only, Shared, Personal
• State of Michigan grants (how to find out about them and apply)
• Other grants (how to find out about them and apply)
• Childcare-only expenses (what are they and how are they deducted?)
• Personal expenses (what are they and why aren't they deducted?)
• Start-Up Costs
• Unique to in-home child care: Shared expenses (what are they and how are they deducted?)
• Unique to in-home child care: Standard meal allowance
• Unique to in-home child care: Time/space percentage
Completion of the TA Program you will receive three to four months of one-on-one financial consulting:
- Identify entrepreneurs' needs to include financial statement preparation and projections.
- Up-to-date balance sheet
- Income statement
- Projection model
- Analysis of business projections and/or financial statements.
- Develop a plan that includes strategies for growth or improvement.
- Employee wellness & Mental Health support.
And much more......
After submitting your application
Applicants are committing to:
- Four one-hour training sessions
- Two one-hour digital training
- Feb 16th - Oreintation (6:00 pm - 7:00 pm)
- Feb 28th (6:00 pm - 7:00 pm)
- Mar 7th (6:00 pm - 7:00 pm)
- Mar 16th - In-person Computer distribution & Training (9:00 am - 11:00)
- Apr 24th (6:00 pm - 7:00 pm)
- May 1st (6:00 pm - 7:00 pm)
- May 8th (6:00 pm - 7:00 pm)
- May 15th (6:00 pm - 7:00 pm)
Applicants will be notified of receipt of their application and status in the process.
If you have questions regarding your Let's Get Your Financials in Order - Early Childhood Education Application - GR, please email Ana Jose at email@example.com or text 616.482.9609.
Note: This is for the entrepreneurs of the city of Grand Rapids 49503, 49506, 49507, and 49534